Sunday, February 15, 2009

Busy, busy bee!

Well hello there *waves* Has everybody been as busy as I have in the last 2 weeks? I hope not! At work, our Pension Coordinator graduated from nursing school and has taken a position on a nursing unit in the hospital. Guess who got to take on 80% of her duties...........ME! As if I didn't already have enough on my plate! I don't think my boss took into consideration the amount of time it takes to deal with retirees, beneficiaries and employees with 401k questions/requests. For the first 2 days after I was given these new duties, I was interupted every 10 minutes to sign authorization forms or meet with a retiree who problems with their benefits. I formulated a system on day 3 and so far it's working out. Please believe I will be requesting a significant pay increase during my next eval. We eliminated a position that cost the department $45k, so I'm gonna need some of that to make it's way toward ya girl!

I have caught a few spare minutes here and there to get a little scrappin' done. I participated in an online crop over at Two Peas in a Bucket last Friday. It was my first time participating in an online crop, but it was fun! The offered hourly challenges/chats and gave away prizes for all four hours. I won the prize for completing this layout for the 9:00 challenge:


I also completed this layout for the 8:00 challenge:



Here is a layout that I completed last week using a Becky Fleck PageMap:




So how was your Valentine's Day? Mine started out a little so, but turned out to be pretty good. Mr. R was called away to the group home for a busted water heater and a possible pipe leak in the foundation......NOT GOOD! We didn't really get to see each other until after 5:00. He did call me earlier and led me to my hidden V-day gift! I had not mentioned it to him, but I'd been looking to purchase a new handbag. He knows that I love Coach, so I found this stuffed behind the sofa in our family room:


Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my hubby? It's very rare for him to take time to plan a surprise so this makes his gift even more special because I knew he had to think about it. Usually, he gives me gift cards because I'm so picky that he likes for me to pick my own gifts.

We also made our way down to Daytona for NASCAR Speedweeks (pics to follow in a later post)! I love NASCAR and have been going to the track for the past four years to watch these crazy guys do even crazier things at 200 mph! At first, Mr. R thought I was crazy for wanting to watch guys drive around in circles for hours. That was until I got him to the track last year for his first race. Now he's hooked. We're hoping to be able to make it to Atlanta for a race this year also....we'll see how the finances shake out.

Have a good week.

No comments: