Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who am I?

I figured that I should do more of an introduction than I offered in my maiden post. My name is Kee Kee and I am 28 years old. I am a graduate of the University of Florida (Go GATORS!!!) with a bachelor's degree in Human Resources and a minor in Business Administration. I work as an HR professional in an urban healthcare facility. When I tell you that you will see and hear it all at SJ, I truly mean it. That place has yet to disappoint when I need an interesting 'people watching' session. I'm sure you'll hear little snippets of the goings-on at work because there's almost something crazy happening on a daily basis, LOL!

I met my husband (we'll call him 'Mister R') in 1997 during my freshman year. We've been together pretty much ever since then. We've been married for 5 years and have a soon-to-be two year old son, RJ. I've always had an interest in crafts and sports. I'm into crafts more so now that I'm older and have a family. I've been scrapbooking since 2003...yeah I got into it after I got married ;-)! I grew up in a family that lived by the D.I.Y. philosophy. My grandmother ("Bigma") was a big influence in my craftiness. She was an amazing seamstress and the ultimate domestic diva. She taught me everything I know about keeping up a home and family.

Now to the love of my life, my little RJ! He is the typical 23-month old boy. He loves to test boundaries and he tests them OFTEN! He's the funniest little person I know. He's loves being silly and saying funny things to make people laugh. He's also the sweetest little person I know. He always gives me kisses and he's always the first to ask "Momma, it hurt?" if he sees me coughing, crying or just perplexed. Stay tuned, there's lots more to come from RJ. Probably on a daily basis :-)

The first love of my life, Mister R! He's a good man. He's loving, supportive and loyal to all he holds dear. These first 5 years of marriage have been fun, sad, and crazy all in one. Somehow, we've managed to balance it and remain a team. In a lot of ways we are opposites. I'm bad with saving money and sticking to a budget.....he's great at that. He doesn't really think about the little details when it comes to everyday life....I'm all about the details. So, you get the point. Like a lot of husband's he sometimes leaves me thinking "Really, did you really just do/say that?" or "Surely Ashton Kutcher must be hiding behind a corner waiting to jump out and yell 'You've just got PUNK'D!' because there's no way this just happened!" He keeps me on my toes, LOL!

So that's me. I'm hoping to use this as an opportunity to share my experiences with others and meet exciting people that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Hope you're having a great Labor Day weekend! Later.

3 comments:

Still Patrice said...

welcome to the blogworld :)

Carmen said...

I am welcoming you to the blogging world!! Nice blog can't wait to see what you have to share.

Jen Mc said...

It's wonderful to "meet" you. You sounds like a very busy lady!